aZo Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aZo q3a a/w 1.16n clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

<0>Core-'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Core
Admin
Core

Male
Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-03-16

<0>Core-' Empty
PostSubject: <0>Core-''   <0>Core-' I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 am

<0>Core-'
Member Profile
<0>Core-' 17

Name: Jared
Time Playing: 10 years (off/on)
Quake 3 Names: Shadow, Core
Clans: -sR-, .WsK|, *pWp*
A/W Clans: aZo/<0>
Mods: 1.16n-NoGhost 155
Favorite Maps: q3dm6, q3dm7, and q3dm2
Favorite Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Lightning Gun, Gauntlet, and Railgun
Team Model: Sarge
Team Color: Black
Enemy Model: Keel
Enemy Color: Green

<0>Core-' Untitled-10
THE SHADOW – Something I wanted to leave behind. Something I did not want to be anymore. I suppose I’ve always had my alter ego, my CORE, the side of me not very many see. The side that wishes not to be stuck in the SHADOWS. No one but me truly understands why I wish to be left out of the dark, why I desire to be the core of it all. Yet I don’t want the light to shine on me. Maybe it’s because I want to feel appreciated. Maybe it’s because I need something different. Maybe I am just crazy and am using an alter ego to release some steam. Maybe I just want to let a few people know the real me. The real me that is hidden. The sheltered wise man trapped in a young man’s body. Perhaps I needed to escape, perhaps it was more than that, or perhaps, my shadow has died.

THE CORE- Recently, my brother Sync, my mentor T@D, and myself briefly touched on the topic of flaws. As I recall, Sync said something along the lines of, “when there is a flaw, I see how I can fix it.” T@D agreed and said something similar. I myself was shocked at this discovery. For I, the Core, choose not how to fix a flaw, but how to accept a flaw. The ability to look past the bad in someone, and see the good. I believe that to be my strength and my persona. For better or worse, this is the path I have chosen. For I am the center now, I am everything. I am the great Deviser, the being who is the most compassionate and the most irritating simultaneously. I am the polar opposites that come together in the center. That is what I am. That is The Core.

Help me if you can.
It's just that this..
Is not the way I'm wired
So could you please
Help me understand why
You're giving in to all these
Reckless dark desires?
You're...

Lying to yourself again.
Suicidal imbecile, pounding on fault line.
What will it take to get it through to you precious?
Why would I
Why would I
Why would I
Want to watch you
Disconnect and self-destruct one bullet at a time?
What's your rush now?
Everyone will have his day to die.

Medicated drama queen.
Picture-perfect numb belligerence.
Narcissistic drama queen.
Craving fame and all it's decadence.

Lying through your teeth again.
Suicidal imbecile, think about…
Put it on the fault line.
What'll it take to get it through to you precious?
I'm Over This. Why do you wanna throw it away like this?
Such a mess.
Why would I want to watch you
Disconnect and self-destruct one bullet at a time?
What's your rush now?
Everyone will have his day to die.

Lying to my face again
Suicidal imbecile
Think about it, you put it on a fault line

What'll it take to get it through to you precious?
Why do you wanna throw it away like this?
Such a mess.
Over this...Over this!!!

Have his day to die.

Disconnect
Self-destruct
Disconnect
Self-destruct
Over this!

Core wrote:
My Quake 3 Arena History

I truly can’t remember the day I first started to play Quake.

All I know is, I was young, REALLY young, and my dad let me play so I wouldn’t bother him at work. I quickly learned that grenades owned, rockets owned, and everything else was shit. I remember the first time I beat the game, I was 6 years old, and I was so proud of myself I cannot describe it in words. A 6 year old kid just beat a game designed to keep adults busy for months.

Not too long after, we bought another game, Quake 2. I really, really, REALLY loved this game more than the first one, better looking graphics, cooler weapons, better everything! I was pretty good too, I could beat my dad every once in a while but every time I did it felt like I accomplished something special. My dad installed a mod called “CTF” Capture the Flag. I was intrigued and watched him and his friends play it in a LAN party. A hook that could grab things and pull you! I was amazed, I quickly learned the purpose of the game and what to do. LMCTF was the mod he used, and to this day I recall spending hours just looking around the maps in awe.

2 years later, my dad purchased yet another game, but we needed to upgrade our pc first. Well, we came to that conclusion when we popped the CD in and it didn’t run. This game was of course, Quake 3 Arena. I was really sad when I saw there was not really any single player. Immediately I disregarded the game as lame and a failure. A few days later I caught my dad playing a match versus real people over the internet. Once again, I was intrigued at how people could face each other when they weren’t directly connected to each other. Soon, I learned how to connect to a server and play. It was fun, I never won but I had a good time playing.

After moving and having to readjust my life a bit, I stumbled upon the game once again, this time however, I was determined to do good, and play more to own than for fun. I was fruitless in success, I got demolished and lost hope in the game. Soon after, my dad received a beta test invite from ID software for Quake 3 Team Arena. Once again, I tried to do good and failed. Once again I quit the game.
I began to play again in the computer lab with my friends during passing time. Of course, with me having previous experience, I dominated. This went on for a short while, then I was asked by my friend aSyLuM (hes meh cuz) to get back into it fully, he told me that he was in a clan and that I should try to join. I told him I quit that game and didn’t want to get back into it, but he gave me a disc and I installed it on my recently purchased laptop. Only to get hooked once again…

For those that don’t know, aSyLuM used to go by “The Law” or “Lawly”. He was a member of *pWp*. He linked me to the site, set up my X-fire, and we began to play a little bit together. Eventually with enough persuasion and time, I posted for *pWp*. Shortly after, he X-fired me about something… (I will not reveal any of this due to respect I have for him and his privacy) Long story short, he got thrown out of *pWp* and told me that I should cancel my application. I did so, and not too long later, he consulted me about creating a clan. That idea came into being when we made –sR-.

-sR- was probably the best and worst thing to happen to me in all my Quaking history. I got the position of Leader due to the fact I helped pay for the server and I wasn’t a complete fool. We got a few guys together, scrimmed a few clans, then long story short, collapsed from the inside. However, the main members of that clan were aSyLuM, Devil (Kraze), Firebird (Wrath), Tool, and myself. I can easily say we were the noobiest clan ever. We poorly ran recruiting, we sucked at teamwork, we sucked at scrims, hell we sucked at site management! After that collapsed, I quit Quake again, and told myself I wouldn’t come back again.

August 2008, I was playing a game of CoD:4 MW on my Xbox 360 when I got the 3 red rings, pissed, I got upset and just left it there. Went on my computer and played some Halo to blow off some steam. Later that night, my thoughts drifted to Quake 3. I looked through my hard drive and found it, the .EXE staring me in the face. I unbound my old tags, and went in the game as Shad0w, forgoing my regular name, and adding the 0 because that’s how many kills I expected to get. Playing a quick game in Dallas NoGhost Paradise, I saw the fact that *pWp* had control of the server. In my downtime, I had occasionally checked in on the site to see how people reacted to my friend’s mishap. As I played more, the more I wanted to post. But, I saw that Nemesis was posting to join, now, I won’t reveal anything about the collapse of –sR-, but let’s just say he did his part too. Immediately discouraged, I got off the site, and played a public match. As I got killed, a familiar name popped up. .WsK|tool joined the server, and my jaw dropped. Immediately I disconnected, re-installed X-fire, made a new name, and added him to my friends list. (I have a good memory ok? -.-) He accepted and we talked and talked. In the end, I told him about my conflict with *pWp* and he told me to post for .WsK|. Eventually I was persuaded and proceeded to post for the clan. They seemed like a nice group of people. So I crossed my fingers and hoped I didn’t make a mistake.

It took about, 2 weeks for me to get full in .WsK| I truly don’t know why the hell they accepted me so fast, but I must have done something right. After a month or so, Detox and Noob among others, started the “UrA” site and spiel. I posted a comment in *pWp* forums calling Detox ignorant for going after Merky. Shortly after, I checked on the .WsK| website and discovered a post in private titled, simply “Shadow”. The contents of which, .WsK|Noob proceeded to bitch about me not having my clanmates’ backs. Infuriated, I retaliated. In all, we both got bitter and I quit. So I looked to the clan that originally I wanted to join. The clan that I always wanted to join. *pWp*

My *pWp* application phase was probably one of the most fun times for me ever playing Quake 3 Arena. No matter how horrible I did in a scrim, no matter how bad of screenshots I posted, all I ever received was positive reinforcement. My application was open for only 1 week, looking back, that was one of the longest weeks ever! In a week I gained my T, and in a week, I felt valued. Shortly after, I was promoted to full member, and was honored more than I can put into words.

To this day, I love my family in *pWp* with all my heart. *pWp* truly is my home. However, if the time comes and I have to move on, remember I will always have this clan in my heart. Leading this clan has been one of the most rewarding and most beneficial experiences in my life. A few last words before I end this little history lesson.

Firstly: the bind no u was originally done by SKILLZ. Also my Indeed bind came from him as well. <3 ya pal ;D

Secondly: Tool is the most frustrating person I have ever talked to, he has left me in clans 3 times now! But he’s still my best friend (on Quake)

Thirdly: T@D is my mentor, Sync is my big brother, Tool is my twin, Xtreme is my little brother, and Phobos is just my homey XD Wena Phobos! :bye:

Lastly: I’d like to thank every person I have ever met, played with, or talked to in Quake 3 for making me the person and player I am, even those hacking assholes that pissed me off I appreciate them forcing me to take action on them and make me smarter and a better player. Every single one of them has made my history with this game what it is. <3 pz. and GG all. Smile
Back to top Go down

<0>Core-'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
aZo Clan Forum :: Current Memberlist-
Jump to: